K20/k24 boost tables using stock map sensor

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
Johnkey

K20/k24 boost tables using stock map sensor

Post by Johnkey »

I’m using k20z basemap with boost tables and just want to tune the car till 8-10 psi..my issue is that ktuner does not switch to boost tables while running I have verified by observing the boost gauge that engine is in boost I.e 4-5 psi but ktuner is reading cell values from vaccume
I am using stock Honda map sensor and it can read upto 11 psi however even in boost ktuner shows map values like -2.9 can someone help me with this issue
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K20/k24 boost tables using stock map sensor

Post by KTuner »

Sounds like your map sensor has failed. If MAP doesn't read boost that has nothing to do with the tune you've chosen.
Johnkey

Post by Johnkey »

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the basemap I’m just trying to solve and understand the issue I have also tried to install Gm 3 bar map sensor with 616 scaling and 13 offset and it refers to cells at 5 psi at the table while idling then I switched back to stock and it does not switch to boost tables at all and read map values in minus even in boost is there something that I’m missing or unable to understand
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Your factory map sensor has failed, as I mentioned.
Did you actually flash after programming the 3 bar settings? If so then the sensor doesn't match those scalar settings. That scale you suggested is from a Motorola mpxh6300, not GM, sensor.
Johnkey

Post by Johnkey »

Ok ill try using another stock honda map sensor today...
yes i did reflash but ktuner was reading cell values from 5psi column in table even at idle so i disconnected it. one more things when im datalogging actual ignition timing is showing negative numbers like -11,-9 i have disable knock sensor and misfire monitor

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”