K24a2 swap need advice

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
infactjack

K24a2 swap need advice

Post by infactjack »

Hello everyone, noobie here.

I've been doing some research recently and I have some questions that I've either gotten partial answers to or ended up completely confused about how to go about my swap.

Here's what I've got so far.

I want to swap my 1990 Ef hatch, DX. I have a K24a2 out of a 2005 Acura TSX (AT) as well as the stock wiring harness (unfortunately this is probably useless since it's off of an automatic car). I'm still searching for an accord throttle body so I can use a throttle cable. I wouldn't mind going with a 5 speed out of an accord or base rsx, but if I come across a nice 6 speed, I'll pick it up.

What I'm confused about is which wiring harnesses and ECUs I can use for this. Assuming I go with a 5 speed (since as I understand a 6 speed requires a reverse lockout). I've seen that I should be able to use an element ECU from a MT or AT vehicle (even if I go with a 6 speed) if I send it in to you guys as well as the harness. I'm looking at pulling those items from a 2004 AT Element. Would these work? As well it seem that I can use a RSX type S ECU if I get a 6 speed.

Are there any other ECUs or wiring harnesses I should be looking for? It just seems so strange to me that I can use a regular k24 w/AT ecu on a k24a2 w/MT , but not the stock k24a2 ecu or harness on a MT.

Also should the Accord cable throttle body just bolt up to my stock 05 TSX manifold? (I've seen people saying it's an RAA and a RBB, as well as people selling adapter plates for the accord TB....)

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K24a2 swap need advice

Post by KTuner »

Recommended ECUs and harness information are available on the RSX/swap application page. www.KTuner.com/rsx
infactjack

Post by infactjack »

Awesome. this helps a lot. For some reason I didn't even realize that there was another section of your website than the forums. Oops! Thanks so much for the info
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”