Radiator fan wiring/ fanC

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
K20a2EG

Re: Radiator fan wiring/ fanC

Post by K20a2EG »

Okay thanks for your response. I'm going to have to dig in deeper and get a handle on what's actually going on.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

Ok I solved my issue. Literally just needed to set a temp in factory outputs for the fan. I have a way of complicating simple issues. I also realized there is two ECT sensors on the car, one factory, and one as per the cabin harness install instructions.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That's good news! Yes, generally if it's all wired you just need to set temps.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:25 pm That's good news! Yes, generally if it's all wired you just need to set temps.

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I should respond to your reply.

I have E12 wired & set for fan control. Under the parameter/Factory Output Control/Fan Control, there are two settings, however the value in the both settings is 1832?

I don't understand the correlation between this value & engine temp. I need to know what the relationship is to temp so I set it up for my mid engine layout.

Please advise
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You should really read the thread if you plan on replying to it. Here are two responses from this very thread.
KTuner wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:43 pm The Radiator Fan output is not used on the RSX from the factory, but can be enabled in the software on the pin labeled for the output, looking at the 05-06 side of the conversion harness.
KTuner wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm The FANC output is unused from the factory. They relied on the Coolant switch to activate the FAN, not the ECU. As you can clearly see in the software the temperature Honda set at which FANC kicks on is well above anything that could ever be hit.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:43 am You should really read the thread if you plan on replying to it. Here are two responses from this very thread.
KTuner wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:43 pm The Radiator Fan output is not used on the RSX from the factory, but can be enabled in the software on the pin labeled for the output, looking at the 05-06 side of the conversion harness.
KTuner wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm The FANC output is unused from the factory. They relied on the Coolant switch to activate the FAN, not the ECU. As you can clearly see in the software the temperature Honda set at which FANC kicks on is well above anything that could ever be hit.
I did read the thread. I don't see the relevance. I was responding to your specific post "That's good news! Yes, generally if it's all wired you just need to set temps."

I have it all wired, and enabled in the parameter preferences, I just need to know the how the values you have in the tables correspond to temp so I can adjust it. Are you saying the value provided is 1832 degrees???
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I'm unsure how this needs further clarification, but here it is again just in case.
KTuner wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm The FANC output is unused from the factory. They relied on the Coolant switch to activate the FAN, not the ECU.
KTuner wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pmAs you can clearly see in the software the temperature Honda set at which FANC kicks on is well above anything that could ever be hit.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

OK - so I get it is unused from the factory. I also read where you said it can be enabled, which I did.

You are not answering the simple question as to what the scale is in your software parameter window. Is it Celsius or Fahrenheit, or some other interpolated figure??
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You set that in the preferences under units.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”