Radiator fan wiring/ fanC

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
K20a2EG

Radiator fan wiring/ fanC

Post by K20a2EG »

K20a2 swapped EG,02-04 rsx type s engine harness, ktuner conversion harness, pzd ecu. Is E12 supposed to be ground control for fan relay? I traced E12 to the ECT? But, in outputs tab it says E12 is ground, so I'm confused. Blue wire on cabin conversion harness has no continuity to E12. Which wire do I connect to relay in underhood fuse box to have fan activate by ECU.Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Radiator fan wiring/ fanC

Post by KTuner »

The Radiator Fan output is not used on the RSX from the factory, but can be enabled in the software on the pin labeled for the output, looking at the 05-06 side of the conversion harness.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

Ok, in software it says E12 is fanC=ground. When I trace the wires on ECU side of harness results are as follows: Ecu pin E12(fanC)- conversion harness- B6(fanC) on 02-04 engine harness- cabin harness white wire to ECT. That's confusing, the (fanC) circuit is being used for ECT. Then, I trace ECU pin B8(ect)- conversion harness- B8 (ECT)- dead ends on engine wire harness side of the large cabin harness conector. I getting a good ECT reading in live data but, seems like the circuits are backwards maybe. Question is, this blank spot in the ktuned cabin harness, is that where I need to add a terminal for ECU switched ground, for control of fan relay?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

How you wire is up to you. That's not something we get involved in.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

Ok thanks for the response. I understand, It still stands that pin E12(fanC) at ECU is reading the ECT.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

I can't wrap my head around how to use E12 as an output if its being used as an input.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

Well either I'm a retard or someone made a oopsie poopsie when in development, since fanC is being utilised to read ECT sensor. The abvoe post is wrong, RSX from factory did use ECU to actuate radiator fan, the wiring diagram is in the factory service manual section 10, page15, Although it was probably primarily for turning the fan on during A/C use.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The FANC output is unused from the factory. They relied on the Coolant switch to activate the FAN, not the ECU. As you can clearly see in the software the temperature Honda set at which FANC kicks on is well above anything that could ever be hit.

ECT input is a different pin. See 05-06 ECU pinouts for your own clarification.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

I understand they're two different pins. My delemma is I've traced E12(fanC) on the 05-06 ecu, through the ecu conversion jumper harness and through the Ktuned cabin harness to the ECT sensor(E12 "fanC" has continuity with ECT sensor.) Pin B8(ECT) at the 05-06 ecu dead ends at the ktuned cabin harness.
I have the fan relay A12(yellow/green) at the old obd1 ecu connector attached to body ground, so I have a fan with the ignition in the run position but, I'd like to figure out the proper way to have the ecu ground the fan relay instead.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If ECT was not hooked up to the correct pin you'd get no ECT reading in logging and a code for ECT. FANC is not an input and can't read the ECT sensor.

Refer to wiring schematics for proper wiring to the relay. It was wired on 05-06 models, but not active, as outlined previously.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”