Idle issues

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
TurboMark

Idle issues

Post by TurboMark »

K24a2 swapped Miata, 05 accord ECU, element wiring harness. Having some issues with idle that I've never had before this year. Started this year with killing tps sensors, car would kill a tps sensor on every drive. Eventually rewired the tps sensor fresh back to the ECU with ground tied in to harness ground in the valve cover. That seems to have solved that issue. Now I'm having some rough idle issues. When I calibrate the tps sensor to "0" the car will pull a bunch of base timing at idle, like -16 degrees. I've replaced the iacv and checked for vacuum leaks and found nothing. If I calibrate the tps above zero, block off the iacv, and adjust idle with the throttle bleed screw it seems to idle fine with base timing back at zero. All sensor values seem nominal and I've tried replacing the map sensor. Can't seem to figure this out, any suggestions on where to look?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Idle issues

Post by KTuner »

If you're running a swap use the PRB Type-S swap codebase, which gives you full control of idle timing.
TurboMark

Post by TurboMark »

Understand, but the car has been swapped for 3 years at this point and I've never had this issue before. Something changed and I can't figure out what.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Helping you track down what might have changed on your end is unfortunately outside of the support I can provide. The KTuner unit can't affect that and the software hasn't changed for those ECU types, so that's certainly not where it's stemming from. Go over all of your settings etc or start something fresh to test with.

The ECU doesn't run from the main ignition tables at idle, which is why I suggested full idle ignition control with the PRB codebase. If you see those settings you may understand why it says it's "pulling ignition", it's really targeting the idle ignition values and that will vary with how far away from idle target it is since it's a closed loop system.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”