K24 ek

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
Orgnzm85

K24 ek

Post by Orgnzm85 »

I recently got my k24a2 ek running. Had my tuner turn off the o2 since i was open header til i got my exhaust done. After i got the exhaust i flashed the base tune and went about my way. Started overheating so i pulled over and turned it off. Started it back up and running like crap. Realized today its fouling plugs even with the o2 off. Map is reading 988 with car off and 400+ at idle. Is that normal? Also, acuity tps isnt calibrating and wont read past 64% wide open (2.2v). Any ideas why its still running rrich? Iacv deleted by the way.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K24 ek

Post by KTuner »

Sounds like it needs tuning. Luckily that's exactly what our system is for.
Orgnzm85

Post by Orgnzm85 »

But it shouldnt foul plugs at idle with a target of 14.7
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You're assuming the speed density fuel maps are tuned perfectly to 14.7 for your setup rather than it being a basemap. You don't have an O2 so it's not able to correct to the target. It's not a MAF application so it's not able to calculate airflow.

Again, sounds like you need it properly tuned for your engine or to actually put an O2 on it so it can correct via fuel trims and you can adjust the fuel maps as necessary. A basemap is a starting point.
Orgnzm85

Post by Orgnzm85 »

Just wanted to come back and tell you the story of what happened. Had a well known tuner remote tuning it and asked about map readings. Never got a reply on that specific matter. It was running disgustingly rich and would shut off. I went with my gut instinct and swapped out the map sensor which was a brand new one and turns out it was bad causing it to run really rich. By then it was too late and fuel made it past the rings and scored the cylinder walls. Would be nice if tuners could give a little more input from time to time. We arent tuners and its hard to diagnose things we are new to. Motor is now rebuilt and definitely going with another tuner. Also looking into wiring a wideband if anyone knows how.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

More than likely a tuner reviewing datalogs should have been able to tell something was off with the map sensor if it had failed. Atmospheric pressure at key on. You should be pulling deep vacuum during deceleration.

The factory O2 sensor is a wideband. Additional widebands for monitoring only can be added to any of the available analog inputs.

I hope you have better luck on this next go!
Orgnzm85

Post by Orgnzm85 »

Thats the problem, the tuner never acknowledged my question so i kinda put the blame on him for having to rebuild it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Ya, that's not a good situation. :(

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”