Afr map

Hany

Afr map

Post by Hany »

So today I did my first testing with Ktuner on my turbo 2008 auto and I started by bypassing my piggyback fic6 to let my ECU+Ktuner be in full control.
for safety I dropped back to gate spring (5 psi), rescaled my MAF curve for my RSX type-S injectors, changed the last column in maps to boost (2psi) and retarded ignition timing in that area.

I was expecting my ECU to freak out as soon as it sees boost but to my pleasant surprise it didn't! , I actually logged up to 4.5psi during my test drive for multiple times for several seconds at a time with no issues apart from the very lean Afr which brings me to my questions..

1-Where is the Afr map?? I was surprised not to find one along other maps, is that something in the works?
2- how to control Afr at different loads for the time being?
3- what is reasoning behind the scattered load points (column headers) on the cam maps? they look all over the place!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Afr map

Post by KTuner »

Awesome! RSX Type-S injectors will not provide enough fuel, just so you know.

1. It's a mass airflow application. If you're not sure how that works you should definitely do some research before going further.
2. Once your MAF is scaled properly you can set open loop targets in the WOT Enrichment tables.
3. Send a report with ECU number to the support email or try downloading the current version on the website.
Hany

Re: Afr map

Post by Hany »

I know RSX-S injectors are not big enough, the thing is my build is mainly focused on low rpm torque not high HP numbers ( its a 3800lb brick on wheels :lol: ), I hardly ever rev it past 5000 rpm and keeping max boost at 7psi , never ran into fuel / Afr issues under boost with the fic6, I use 93 octane with conservative timing.
I have a 43mm turbo compressor and my boost comes on just before 2000 rpm in higher gears and with about 20%TPS only which makes drivability tuning a bit challenging.
Forcing the ecu into WOT early on and using the WOT table enrichment is what I was thinking about,having a Afr map would makes this much easier,
hopefully I can fine tune this and not mess up the drivability especially when I can go into boost so easily with such tiny turbo.

Any recommended reading for Maf scaling?
Any other features in the works for this platform? any ETA on realtime tuning?

Return to “07-08 Element Specific”