Aftermarket Wideband in Lambda Overlay?

Audiophyle

Aftermarket Wideband in Lambda Overlay?

Post by Audiophyle »

I have an aftermarket wideband connected to Analog 1 & the input table setup based on manufacture's voltage thresholds, and the digital gauge within KTuner seems to match the wideband's gauge, so I believe what is being recorded in the datalogs is accurate.

The OEM wideband only matches the aftermarket when driving around stoic (14.7:1), but seems to deviate more the further rich/lean the condition gets. This makes the lambda overlay tuning worthless because it is using the inaccurate OEM wideband values.

How can I get the Analog 1 values to be used in the Lambda offset tables instead of the OEM wideband?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Aftermarket Wideband in Lambda Overlay?

Post by KTuner »

There's a list of analog inputs you can use for wideband right in wideband settings.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Can you walk me through the setup? Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

I have the wideband connected to Analog 1 on the KTuner board, & is configured under "Inputs 2" tab in the preference panel.
Datalogging works and Analog 1 matches my Wideband gauge on the dash.

In the wideband preference panel I do not see any options to select Analog 1 as my wideband input. The only options I see are the Factory Wideband, ELD Input (using OEM ECU as input), or FTP or something like that (using OEM ECU as input).

Below the wideband setting I see a list of aftermarket widebands, do I create a new one called Analog 1?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

On the Wideband tab you see the list, so you know what options you have to use for wideband tracing inputs. The inputs tab setup for programmable inputs, as noted on those two tabs with specific messages at the bottom, are not for wideband.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

So for wideband tracking I have to use either ELD or PTANK inputs on the ECU?

So I connect my wideband output to PTANK (E14), and enter sensor values in the Inputs tab still, yes?
Then set wideband from Factory Wideband to PTANK Input, and that’s it?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Enter values on the wideband tab. Create a new wideband in the list, name it, then add breakpoints for it. The note on the inputs tab says that any values set there aren't used for wideband.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Okay, I think I understand now.

The break point settings are blank for all of the preloaded widebands so I assumed that table was related to the serial port drop down right above it, but after adding a new wideband & entering sensor data I see the table changes as I pick different widebands.

This will make tuning so much easier! ha ha ha
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent. Keep us posted!

Return to “03-06 Element Specific”