A little guidance

Zaphod B

A little guidance

Post by Zaphod B »

I have a 2wd 2006 element with a 4spd auto tranny. I recently had the motor swapped for a jdm that is evidently out of a Japanese accord of a similar year. It just is not running quite right, bad mileage, odd shift points, power band and my local Honda dealership can not seem to find a reason but they as well as a couple of other people have suggested having the computer flashed or the ktuner kit. Beyond that bit of help no one that tunes Hondas in town wants to even return a call and they really don't have store fronts so I am a bit stuck. Before I fork over another chunk of money I would like to prevent any more surprises...am I being steered in the right direction?
Another potential bit of pertinent info, we put the original element injectors back on because it almost immediately showed a code that it was running rich and now I occasionally get the code but it's just been twice over the past 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: A little guidance

Post by KTuner »

We do support 05-06 AT. You kept your transmission, correct?

There are e-tuners that would gladly tune the vehicle remotely. Check out TurbogixxerTuning.com
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

Yes sir I did. I believe the turbogixxer guy was one of the few online outfits to respond to me, I just wanted a second opinion.

I will save some pennies and give him a call. Thank you so much for the help!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Ya, he's awesome. No problem!
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

Does the stock ECU need to be modified in order to use the End User version?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The KTunerECU end user kit does require the ECU to be modified. I can recommend some dealers who can do this for you.
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

I am talking with the Kenny at turbogixxer about getting it done now. I am going to try to find an ecu I can send him to mod but am having difficulty finding anything other than a new 37820-pzd-a59, do you know if any of the others are cross compatible?
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

I called LKQ and they tell me they have a compatible one for my car put the part number is pad-a57, but that does not show on your list...
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Kenny can likely find you one that's 4WD compatible, since he'll need to socket it anyway, or I recommend Car-Part if you want to source your own.
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

ok, he was walking in to work when I talked to him earlier. Also I have 2wd

Return to “03-06 Element Specific”