Tsx swap into 06 AT element

tesujin

Tsx swap into 06 AT element

Post by tesujin »

Hey guys, from talking to other element owners I was referred to come here. I was told that to a tsx engine swap to my 06 automatic element I would need 2 tuners: 1 for the engine and 1 for the transmission. Anyone have any ideas?
Eric
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Tsx swap into 06 AT element

Post by KTuner »

It would still shift at the current shift points. You would need to use the Element trans, as well.
DSchmetterer

Post by DSchmetterer »

It would shift at current points, but with piggybacked ECUs or the Ktuner ECU?

I'm planning the same thing on an 07, would that be just a Ktuner flash?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We offer engine tuning, not transmission tuning.

We only offer MT for 07-08 Element currently using the KTunerFlash hardware options.
tesujin

Post by tesujin »

Yes, the plan would be to use the element automatic transmission of course. What I was asking for was if a separate ecu would be needed to run the automatic transmission or is a Ktuned ecu enough for this swap? OEM shift points are fine I just want better mpg and some more umph to get up hills. All I would like to do is make the 205hp engine run in my 2006 4 speed automatic transmission element. MAYBE down the line swap to a element 5 speed automatic.

I also read recently that someone has done an a k24a2 automatic element using the PRB code.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you have an 06 Element the AT ECUs are supported. You can tune for the engine swap with KTuner while using a supported ECU.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Your original ECU equipped with KTuner should be sufficient to run the TSX swap mated with your AT transmission, you shouldnt need a dual ECU setup. (confirm your ECU sticker numbers with the list of compatible ECUs for the Element just in case)

The TSX is drive by wire so the TSX swap would need to be converted to a drive by cable system (which your 06 Element is), but I believe there are tunes available for a K24a2 drive by cable conversion.

With the KTuner software you would modify a K24a4 AT base tune (for the Element) and change all of the engine/fuel/ignition parameters to match the engine/fuel/ignition parameters of the K24a2 conversion tune, that way the ECU will still operate your auto transmission like it did stock & the modified tune would run the engine swap like it should.

Return to “03-06 Element Specific”