ECU showing wrong gear?

Audiophyle

ECU showing wrong gear?

Post by Audiophyle »

Running the KTuner PRB base tune modified for my k24a4 + boost, and the calculated gear is wrong from 3rd gear thru 5th gear. If I look back at datalogs it shows 1st & 2nd as expected but then skips 3rd & goes straight to 4th gear, so all of my 3rd gear pulls show up as being in 4th gear. 4th gear also shows as being in 5th gear, & 5th gear shows as being in 6th gear (I wish I had a 6th gear).

I had to use the speedometer calibration to correct the vehicle speed because the datalogs & gauge cluster were both off by ~8mph, & it took a +14% ECU correction & +15% Cluster correction to get both to match my GPS & local speed monitor signs (who knew these could actually serve a purpose).

Could this be what is causing the calculated gear to be wrong? I need the cluster correction to avoid getting tickets, but if I set the ECU correction back to 0% will that fix the gear calculation?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: ECU showing wrong gear?

Post by KTuner »

If you're not using a Type-S transmission then the gear is likely to be off with a Type-S codebase.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Yes I gathered that, but what I am looking for is a solution.

Before I adjusted the speedometer correction the calculated gear was logging correctly.
Is the calculated gear based off the cluster speed or the ECU speed?
I dont see a need for the ECU speed to be correct, but I do need the cluster speed to be correct for obvious reasons.
If I leave the cluster correction as-is but set the ECU correction back to 0%, will that return the gear calculation back to how it was?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Based on ECU speed. You're welcome to toy with it until you get the results you want. That's why you have control.

Return to “03-06 Element Specific”