Steering and ECU flash

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Flo75

Steering and ECU flash

Post by Flo75 »

Hi,
I have a 23 Integra and I have the ktuner v1.2 and a phearable tune that I love. Everything is fine with the tune but one month ago I started having the infamous sticky steering wheel problem.
Today I took the car to the dealership and they decided to replace the rack and pinion as a solution to my problem.
The issue is that they cannot program the new rack and they decided to order a new rack and try again. But the piece is now back order. Obviously I cannot get my car back until the new rack gets in.
Before I took the car in I only removed the ktuner but let the phearable tune installed. So I am wondering if this is the reason they couldn’t program the new rack…should I tell them I flashed the car?
Any help would be appreciated.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Steering and ECU flash

Post by KTuner »

Doubtful. The ECU is not what they're trying to program and should not be related to their issue.
Flo75

Post by Flo75 »

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I thought the same but I’m no expert 😀
So, for my personal education: it the ECU is flashed with an aftermarket tune, can the dealer override it and install an OEM tune? Or it needs the ktuner to do so?
Thank you again for your help!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The dealer would only ever flash the ECU if they run the HDS ECU update software and there's an update available for the vehicle. In most cases they don't even check.
Flo75

Post by Flo75 »

Understood. Thank you for your help!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem.

Return to “General Questions”