MAF False Error - Honda Accord (10th Gen)

Ask your general questions about KTuner
WRLDGOD

MAF False Error - Honda Accord (10th Gen)

Post by WRLDGOD »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has come across this:

Car: 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T (MT)
Mods: Stock other than a Phearable Stage 3 Tune

I was spiritedly driving on the high in 5th gear when a BMW came from behind and zoomed past me. I down shifted to 4th, caught up to him and passed him, shifted to 5th... While cruising on 5th gear, the car jerked a little and so did the stick shifter. I thought I blew the transmission but I was able to shift through all the gears down. I soon realized it was boost I was no longer gaining. I thought I blew my turbo.

I got home. Let the car rest for about 30 minutes and tried to drive it again but I got every dashboard light error. The first one that came up was the emissions error. It was riding rough and the car went into Limp Mode. I wasn't making any boost and the engine firing was rough. When i would accelerate and then de-accelerate, my knock count skyrocketed to over 200 in the span of a couple mins due to the tune messing with the car being in limp mode.

I stopped the car and got it towed to get it fixed at a local Honda dealership. I told them I thought I blew the turbo and that I wasn't making boost and the car got a check engine light/went into limp mode after doing some pulls. A few hours later, they called me they found the spark plugs were shot/completed wasted and that the car had a MAF error but the technician couldn't find any issues with the sensors or system. They think its just the spark plugs but will continue testing the car to see if the turbo is blown.

My questions are: Has anyone every experienced this while racing? Has anyone received a false MAF error+go into limp mode after doing pulls/racing with a OTS tune? Car is stock otherwise so would the OEM sparks not be enough anymore? Did the air intake/intercooler choke the engine out? It was a pretty hot day (98-102F) and we are at an altitude of about 3000 ft above sea level. Before the car gave out, my k.count was only 3 after about 20 minutes of fast driving in the hot weather. My K.con was at .49 before engine gave out and I was reaching 19 psi of boost before car giving out. Afterwards, my k.con shot up to 1.49 and my k.count was around 15 the final 5 minutes of the drive back home. Starting up the car was rough and accelerating and decelerating would increase the k.count dramatically. I reached 300 knocks after a few minutes of driving.

Just looking for thoughts/comments as to why this happened. Maybe I had pushed the car at the end of the some the engine part's lives? Did I do something wrong? Not sure. Any replies are appreciated! Just wondering why the tune is also giving a false MAF error (according to Honda dealership techs). They told me they would flash my car back to stock but i don't want to run stock. Is this bound to happen if I keep pushing it every once in a while? Could it be just the spark plugs? Could it be the end of the turbo? Car only has 55k miles. Idk idk... Thanks!

I just picked up this car and complete gave out on me within a week. My friend had the car over 2 years and 1 year with the tune without any issues and he did plenty of spirited driving with it. Did he use up some of the car part's lives? Not sure. help. lol
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: MAF False Error - Honda Accord (10th Gen)

Post by KTuner »

Errors aren't false, they exist for a reason.
Without a code you can't look up the definition for what the error actually was. A code number should be on your printout if they retrieved one while scanning.
You're not running one of our included calibrations so you should inquire into whether the tune was setup appropriately for your vehicle.
WRLDGOD

Post by WRLDGOD »

KTuner wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:47 pm Errors aren't false, they exist for a reason.
Without a code you can't look up the definition for what the error actually was. A code number should be on your printout if they retrieved one while scanning.
You're not running one of our included calibrations so you should inquire into whether the tune was setup appropriately for your vehicle.

I do apologize. Could you elaborate on "not running one of the included calibrations?"

I bought this car with the KTuner and Phearable Stage 3 Tune already installed. How would I go about properly running your calibrations?
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

WRLDGOD wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:39 pm I do apologize. Could you elaborate on "not running one of the included calibrations?"

I bought this car with the KTuner and Phearable Stage 3 Tune already installed. How would I go about properly running your calibrations?
Phearable Stage 3 Tune is made by Phearable and not by KTuner.

Return to “General Questions”