2013 Acura TL AWD stop working

Ask your general questions about KTuner
CBRriderr

2013 Acura TL AWD stop working

Post by CBRriderr »

I've had ktuner for 3 years. 2 weeks ago I got yellow light on for AWD check system. I scanned car with versus. I got a dtc for rear diff right search coil. I dropped off car to acura of Bellevue. They has car for 2 days now. And keep telling me the ktuner is preventing from updating the AWD module. Can this be true? Can't they unplug it and update? They also try to tell me that the ktuner cause intermitten issues with AWD system.??
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Acura TL AWD stop working

Post by KTuner »

There is nothing that would prevent them from connecting with any of the modules in the vehicle. In order to plug into the OBD port the device would have to be unplugged, so it's not possible for that to be an issue either.
CBRriderr

Post by CBRriderr »

That's what I told em. But they came back that the tune is over written in the pcm . So yes they unplugged it but still. So next step they said to replace rear diff assembly
CBRriderr

Post by CBRriderr »

Got car back. Reading tech notes. He states attempting to initialize system because HDS data list shows not initialized.
Differential torque learning fail every time. No updates on awd module at this time. Next step replace rear diff.
The dtc is for right search coil. He check resistance on both left and right both at 4 ohms.
Any help?
He suggest to put pcm in stock. Remove ktuner and try to re learn . But they won't do that since it's aftermarket
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That is outside of the support we can offer you, but I wish you luck finding the issue.

Return to “General Questions”