K20A into an ‘87 CRX Si?

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Rufus

K20A into an ‘87 CRX Si?

Post by Rufus »

Hello- I’m planning a K transplant into my ‘87 CRX Si using a Hasport kit.

Hoping to source a 2007-2011 JDM Civic Type R K20A engine, a 2002-2006 base RSX W2M5 5spd transmission and a 37820-RSP-E01 through E03, or 37820-RRC-J01 through J04 ECU.

Beside not planning any engine modifications, I plan to duplicate the OE intake & exhaust systems as closely as possible using as many 2007-2011 JDM Civic Type R parts as I can obtain and will fit a CRX.

Unless there are reasons I don’t yet understand, I hope to run the stock tuning map with the likely exception of eliminating “rev hang”. The K20A should be potent enough in stock form in this chassis that’ll be street driven. I assume the ECU’s I noted don’t have an immobilizer.

KtunerFlash V1.2 and V2 both appear to suit my needs. I like the datalog feature for confirmation A/F is correct, and the ability to make changes (re: rev hang). Not sure I understand the all-in-one display feature … is it that the V1.2 shows the all the same parameters, but on different screens? Or something else?

All suggestions or guidance welcome. Thanks.

Bob
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K20A into an ‘87 CRX Si?

Post by KTuner »

If you wish to disable immobilizer you will need to use the RSX/Swap kit outlined on the RSX/Swap application page.

Return to “General Questions”