Map Sensor Questions?

Ask your general questions about KTuner
jimbolina25

Map Sensor Questions?

Post by jimbolina25 »

Hi guys, I am asking here because, well I figure you would know best!. I run and 02 Automatic with an 05-06 ecu + conversion harness (Mine was the test car for HA motorsports) My question is, will I run into issues changing the map sensor to 4 bar, when I am after going boost.

I am finding different answers on this. Some say they wont work with auto transmissions. So I come to you guys, cap in hands for the correct answer. Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Map Sensor Questions?

Post by KTuner »

Since it's AT you could potentially have issues with shifting. You'll be fine up to 10.8PSI with the factory MAP.
jimbolina25

Post by jimbolina25 »

KTuner wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:44 pm Since it's AT you could potentially have issues with shifting. You'll be fine up to 10.8PSI with the factory MAP.

From what I remember (20 or so years ago) when I did the same with the D series, there was a valve you could use under the stock map sensor that closed under boost and hid the positive pressure from it. Could something like that be of use and if so does it exist?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

In order to properly tune it you want the ECU to be able to read pressure. Not really sure you'll want more than 10PSI on that transmission unless you use a tiny turbo.
jimbolina25

Post by jimbolina25 »

KTuner wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:41 pm In order to properly tune it you want the ECU to be able to read pressure. Not really sure you'll want more than 10PSI on that transmission unless you use a tiny turbo.
Transmission is currently up at Level 10 getting rebuilt for up to 500hp (goal is circa 350) Being a disabled driver means I have to keep polishing that turd :D
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Understood. The code is altered when changing to 4 bar and that may affect shifting. There's really no way around that.
jimbolina25

Post by jimbolina25 »

With you saying "may affect shifting" do you think its worth throwing one on and seeing what happens?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That'll be a choice you'd need to make. If it doesn't shift right you can easily revert.

Return to “General Questions”