CA Smog Check 2017 Si w/ KTuner

Ask your general questions about KTuner
CivicRacer32

CA Smog Check 2017 Si w/ KTuner

Post by CivicRacer32 »

So I need to re-download the KTuner software since it got wiped when computer was in for warranty work. Aside from that, we have the new CA smog law that won't allow the ECU to have not just a tune, but even have the digital signature of the KTuner if I am correct. So it needs to be "un-married" from the car and flashed to stock, then driven roughly 100 miles until all "monitors" are "ready" then I can get it smogged. THEN, I can flash back to my KTuner tunes.

ANybody got any tips or advice for me for the process that has had to do this recently. It has been 4 years since I flashed the KTUner tunes onto the car. Thx guys
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: CA Smog Check 2017 Si w/ KTuner

Post by KTuner »

We always recommend flashing to factory for emissions purposes. You should be fine if you do that and let the monitors go through their testing. The checks for monitors can take multiple start ups and it's not just a set mileage, so plan on flashing to factory cold and go from there.
CivicRacer32

Post by CivicRacer32 »

OK thx. So should I unlock the KTuner as well, or is the flash to factory good enough for the new CA smog that went into effect July 2021?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Being locked to a vehicle does not leave any indication of a tune, but it's always wise to fully unlock if you're going to be factory for some time... in case you forget.

Return to “General Questions”