2015 ILX not taking re flash

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Austenwa1

2015 ILX not taking re flash

Post by Austenwa1 »

I have the V2 and everything worked fine during set up, I was able to flash my desired tune. During my drive home the car went into limp mode upon going over 4k rpm’s , so I pulled over, cleared the faults, and cleared the tunes (all using the v2 unit). I’m not sure if the ECU returned to factory settings because the car is still doing the same thing when going above 4krpms and additionally it’s sluggish when accelerating from any rpm. I tried to download the factory tune from my computer to the flash pro device-seemed to be successful. When I plug the flash pro into the car to attempt to flash the tune I just uploaded, the ‘tunes’ tab doesn’t come up on the device. So then I tried to use the computer, device, and car together to flash directly to the ECU and it tries to, but a few seconds into it there is a message on the flash pro “authorization failed”

Any ideas. I can’t seem to find anything in the forums regarding this problem.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2015 ILX not taking re flash

Post by KTuner »

We do not make the flash pro. It sounds like you actually have a KTuner device.

Check the error code.

Clearing errors does not reflash to factory.

Clearing tunes on the device clears the tunes on the device, so there are no tunes left on the device. Connect with the KTuner software to set them up again.
Austenwa1

Post by Austenwa1 »

After some digging I found out that the wrong ECU is in the vehicle. I purchased the correct ECU from the dealership and will have it installed soon. Will there be any issues when tuning after that part is fixed? No matter what I do the ktuner device will not let me unlock the ECU or upload any tunes.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Clearing tunes on the device clears the tunes on the device, so there are no tunes left on the device. Connect with the KTuner software to set them up again. You can then return to factory and unlock the unit. If you don't unlock the unit you can't use it on a new ECU.

Return to “General Questions”