general question for KTuner V1.2 before purchase

Ask your general questions about KTuner
aixelsyd

general question for KTuner V1.2 before purchase

Post by aixelsyd »

Good afternoon all ...... Noob here with a general question before I purchase KTuner V1.2 for my purchase of a used 2017 Accord Coupe V6 Touring. Currently the car is bone stock as I just got it after my old V6 Accord got totaled no thanks to a deer at 5am on my way into work. For refer down the road I will be doing mods to the car like intake, exhaust, PCDs or HFPCs., j-Pipe, maybe pulleys....etc but the cash flow is there yet to do so after just buying it.

So with the car being stock first order of biz and why I want KTuner is to get this silly VCM nonsense turned off, and then do some DBW changes for better throttle response. That being said I was reading threw some forums & even looking here but can't find a clear answer. I know KTuner has at least 2 profiles ( some say 3 but I'm not sure ) for my 9th Generation Accord V6 coupe. The Tune 1 file you have is for up to intake,exhaust, PCDs and requires/recommends 91+ octane. However for your supplied stock/baseline profile is that straight up the OEM stock programming with no changes at all, or is it a KTuner modified stock file with minor modification for minimal performance/power gains that can run on any pump gas which is the main thing. I've seen it stated any tune file need 91+ octane, and others saying only the Tuned programming requires the 91+octane when having bolt on mods installed.

Not a big deal to me either way just trying to get ahead of the game if I do need to run 91+ octane on any file or not. Or will the stock/baseline file work fine on any gas and if its actual OEM stock or a stock KTuner modified file with minor power/performance gains. Thanks in advance for any help & input on my questions.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: general question for KTuner V1.2 before purchase

Post by KTuner »

91+ is recommended for any tune. AT has one included that works with factory up to certain mods, but you do have all of the control you mentioned.
aixelsyd

Post by aixelsyd »

Thanks for the reply & info. Guess I'll be off to spend some more $$$$ now.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem

Return to “General Questions”