Need help unlocking my new end user from PPA-J71

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Johnsam81

Need help unlocking my new end user from PPA-J71

Post by Johnsam81 »

I recently bought my KTuner and had it installed in an ecu with part number 37805-PPA-J710. I registered the unit and locked it to the ecu then made some changes which allowed me to start my K24 engine. Shortly afterwards i noticed that the engine cannot rev past 2,500 rpm so i did my research and eventually ordered an ecu from a Honda element. Now, i am trying to unlock from PPA ecu but unable to do so. Help!...
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Need help unlocking my new end user from PPA-J71

Post by KTuner »

Sounds like you made a pretty big mistake, since 05-06 CRV is not a listed application and that ECU isn't listed anywhere as supported. Feel free to contact support via email, but we have no way to get that ECU back to 100% factory to unlock it since it's not a supported ECU.
Johnsam81

Post by Johnsam81 »

Ok. Thank you. The board got damaged shortly after I made the querry anyways. I accidentally place the battery polarity opposite and fried the ecu processor. Now there is no sign of power in the end user. Sigh... 500 bucks down the drain so I hope somebody learn from this.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The unit gets power from the ECU and the ECU would not operate in that condition. You may have damaged a fuse or the ECU itself, not likely the unit. Once again, contact support via email.

Return to “General Questions”