The Bolt ONs needed for Stage / starter Maps.

Ask your general questions about KTuner
khuram2703@gmail.com

The Bolt ONs needed for Stage / starter Maps.

Post by khuram2703@gmail.com »

Dear!

What are the min Bolt ONs needed for all preset stages i.e. Stage 0, 1 & 2 to get the most out of it reliably.?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: The Bolt ONs needed for Stage / starter Maps.

Post by KTuner »

None.
khuram2703@gmail.com

In our region the ambient exceeds 45 C in summers.... Now a days in winters 11 C ambient night time i am seeing IAT1 = 32 C & IAT2 =40 C with K Cont going from 0.49 to 0.60.
Shouldn't i need a bigger intercooler to get the proper extract of the stage 1 or stage 2 base maps or TSP stage 1 map?

I feel that 2 / 3 WOT pulls and heat soak will be eminent making the car loose power and torque.

Wouldn't a bigger FMIC be the beneficial and 1st upgrade before putting CAI & going CATless DP?
Last edited by khuram2703@gmail.com on Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
khuram2703@gmail.com

I believe that a friend of mine blown his factory MHI TD025 Turbo charger after Ktuning the car (3000km driven after flashing with Ktuner) with continuously running the car on Starter stage 2 ECO/21psi base map with all Stock internals. Pushing harder most of the time in such a hot climate on Motorway / congested city area at such elevated boost levels with stock intercooler caused this failure in my opinion (car 70000kms driven) that is why i asked for the expert advise as i intend to upgrade the intercooler first for the safety as well as retention of the power levels along with reliability.
Last edited by khuram2703@gmail.com on Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
khuram2703@gmail.com

I rephrase my question :

What is the beneficial 1st bolt ON upgrade one must do despite there is no need on starter / stage base maps?

I intend to do / started the following:

1. Bought Ktuner V2 = Stage 1 18psi base map.... pretty Happy.
planned:
2. Intercooler upgrade.
3. Reflash to stage 2 21psi base map
3. K & N drop in air filter.
4. Catted / Catless downpipe.
5. Custom tuning.

As my car is daily day and i want it to remain as practical as possible. am i thinking in a right direction step wise?
khuram2703@gmail.com

What is the approx power and torque gain i am having with Stage 1 base map 18 psi over stock 174hp & 220 nm Torque (1.5T CVT Sedan Non-Si ).?

What hp & tq i ll get roughly with 21psi stage 2 base map along with bigger intercooler, K&N filter and Catless DP?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There are tens of thousands of Civics running our tunes. All included tunes are safe. They support all exhaust options and properly designed intakes that don't throw off fueling. You can see CivicX.com for a reliability thread to see what many people are running.

We've never seen a blown turbo from our included tunes.

Feel free to look at Derek at Innovative Motorworks IG page for other examples of completed tunes with bolt-ons. @drobimw

Return to “General Questions”