Disabling Pin for Bluetooth?

Ask your general questions about KTuner
joshuagibson97

Disabling Pin for Bluetooth?

Post by joshuagibson97 »

Hello all,

I have a ktuner v1.2 for my 2019 Honda Civic. I am trying to connect my aftermarket android head unit to my ktuner via bluetooth. I have the tunerview app installed. It shows ktuner as an available device but won't connect when i select "connect". Any ideas you can think of, maybe i need to disable the pin, maybe its not possible?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Disabling Pin for Bluetooth?

Post by KTuner »

From what we've seen most of the aftermarket head units aren't capable of connecting to a device like ours directly. The hardware and software is lacking. We were able to get one aftermarket head unit to connect by using several 3rd party apps to "enable" and "connect" through bluetooth prior to launching the app, but you'd be on your own to do the same. It was finicky.
Dc2migz

Post by Dc2migz »

What 3rd party android app worked for you? Having the same problem.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner wrote:but you'd be on your own to do the same. It was finicky.
Dietz

Post by Dietz »

joshuagibson97 wrote:Hello all,

I have a ktuner v1.2 for my 2019 Honda Civic. I am trying to connect my aftermarket android head unit to my ktuner via bluetooth. I have the tunerview app installed YOWhatsapp Apk. It shows ktuner as an available device but won't connect when i select "connect". Any ideas you can think of, maybe i need to disable the pin, maybe its not possible?
This keeps happening to me! I’d love if there was a tweak for what you’re asking for here. How Apple did it is so dumb.
Nori981r

Post by Nori981r »

KTuner wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:30 pm
KTuner wrote:but you'd be on your own to do the same. It was finicky.
Kinemaster MOD APK
Morning...Thanks for sharing it...is it available on Android? o ronly for MAC ?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

TunerView for Android is an Android app.
Flanagan

Post by Flanagan »

joshuagibson97 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:32 pm Hello all,

I have a ktuner v1.2 for my 2019 Honda Civic. I am trying to connect my aftermarket android head unit to my ktuner via bluetooth. I have the tunerview app installed. It shows ktuner as an available device but won't connect when i select "connect". Any ideas you can think of, maybe i need to disable the pin, maybe its not possible?
You can specify to keep it unlocked when connected to specific Bluetooth devices in the "Smart Lock" settings but it appears that Wifi option has been removed. I had it on my last phone on Marshmallow
kol909

Post by kol909 »

I have a ktuner v1.2 for my 2019 Honda Civic. I am trying to connect my aftermarket android head unit to my ktuner via bluetooth.gbwhatsapp I have the tunerview app installed. It shows ktuner as an available device but won't connect when i select "connect". Any ideas you can think of, maybe i need to disable the pin, maybe its not possible?
2 Special Command Menu under the Tuning menu in the software. Find BT PIN Disable and choose it. This puts the unit into a mode that's discoverable by the head unit and requires no pin to pair. Look for BT PIN and disbale it. It will work on Android.
Andrew125

Post by Andrew125 »

I have a ktuner v1.2 for myNulls Brawl Apk 2019 Honda Civic. I am trying to connect my aftermarket android head unit to my ktuner via bluetooth. I have the tunerview app installed. It shows ktuner as an available device but won't connect when i select "connect". Any ideas you can think of, maybe i need to disable the pin, maybe its not possible?
Is it only available on mac or can we use this for android also??

Return to “General Questions”