VSS out using CSS signal

choyr

VSS out using CSS signal

Post by choyr »

Hi, I have a 05 Si Tranny (CSS signal) and I need a VSS output going to my speedometer gauge. I tried to wire the VSS out (E26) and it does not work. Tried to wire it directly from CSS and it goes max at slow speed.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: VSS out using CSS signal

Post by KTuner »

The EP3 and 02-04 RSX VSS signal runs directly to the cluster. The 05-06 RSX VSS signal runs to the ECU and then from the ECU to the cluster. Unless you have the higher speed transmission VSS signal the ECU output should not be used to run the cluster. This is not KTuner related. Check appropriate wiring schematics.
choyr

Post by choyr »

Good day. My car is a civic EG with a K24 block and K20Z3 head. Tranny is from a 06 civic Si. I have a PND automatic ECU with ktuner installed. Which basemap I have to install? I tried to wire the E26 (VSS out) to my EG speedo cluster and it does not work.
I confirmed my speedo cluster is working when I wired directly the CSS to speedometer.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You'll need to custom tune it.
choyr

Post by choyr »

How do I do it?
choyr

Post by choyr »

Hi. its working now. I just cleared all the error codes and there's speed now to my speedometer cluster
choyr

Post by choyr »

any recommended basemaps for a K24A block with a K20Z3 head (06 SI) with 50 VTC?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You'll need to custom tune it. Find a tuner if you're not able yourself. We can recommend working remotely with Derek at Innovative Motorworks.

Return to “KTuner Software”