Opening a tune

82dewey

Opening a tune

Post by 82dewey »

I am trying to open a tune from from someone that is using the flash version for his new civic. He asked me to take a look at it because he seen something strange wanted my opinion on it. I can load his datalog. but his tune wont load. I am doing it like i would normally to load mine up. but wont load. no errors or anything. just stays empty for the tune.
Ideas?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Opening a tune

Post by KTuner »

If you've never connected to that platform you won't have access to the tune files for it. If there's something weird in the datalog you should still be able to point that out. If it's a custom tune it'll be locked anyway. If it's one of our basemaps there's nothing weird in it unless the customer made his own adjustments.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

So i have to had my pc connected to his ECU to be able to read that tune? if thats the case, that sucks. Is there no way to be able to help adjust a tune if i cant open it and they are some distance aways? I know we can in KPro. Done it for a couple of people already. guess i will have to figure something else out then to open the tune to find the problem.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you want access to his ECU and you're not a professional tuner with a dealer license, remote in to his computer.

Return to “KTuner Software”