retard after it reaches a certin temp

82dewey

retard after it reaches a certin temp

Post by 82dewey »

I am trying to have the ign to start retarding so much after it hits a selected temp. this is for non street use. and my temps have been a little higher then i like them. I see i can add fuel to the tune when it reaches a selected temp, but i would really like to remove some timing. But if my temp is under the selected range, then i dont want it to go away as it is making a difference. the car did get to the temp i selected and looking at the logs and it does not look like it removed the timing like i was hoping. I change the temp range and under the temps its all 0 till i start to get to the selected temps. then i changed it to -2, -4, -8. Logs did not show any change. Now seems the retard area is not able to be edited, will the normal ECT Ign high allow me to do negative change? maybe i also need to do the low. But in the racing i would of thought it would of just been in high range the full time.
either way, please let me know if i can. or an i thinking things wrong?
I would add a picture, but your forum will not let me attach any pictures.
Linszter

Re: retard after it reaches a certin temp

Post by Linszter »

82dewey wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:03 am I am trying to have the ign to start retarding so much after it hits a selected temp. this is for non street use. and my temps have been a little higher then i like them. I see i can add fuel to the tune when it reaches a selected temp, but i would really like to remove some timing. But if my temp is under the selected range, then i dont want it to go away as it is making a difference. the car did get to the temp i selected and looking at the logs and it does not look like it removed the timing like i was hoping. I change the temp range and under the temps its all 0 till i start to get to the selected temps. then i changed it to -2, -4, -8. Logs did not show any change. Now seems the retard area is not able to be edited, will the normal ECT Ign high allow me to do negative change? maybe i also need to do the low. But in the racing i would of thought it would of just been in high range the full time.
either way, please let me know if i can. or an i thinking things wrong?
I would add a picture, but your forum will not let me attach any pictures.
ECT Ignition correction tables uses positive numbers to retard ignition.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

Thank you. I was not sure because the top part of ECT IGN just says ECT IGN low and ECT IGN High for the top 2. the bottom 2 say ECT Rtard IGN Low and High.
I just want to clear it up so i can adjust the tune as i need it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

ECT Ign adds ignition during warmup, which you can see in the table. ECT Ign Retard retards ignition when it's too warm. Low and high load for both.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

ok. So how do i get the retard part to allow editing? It is not available. i have looked at other base tunes and same thing.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If it's not available then it's not available.

Return to “KTuner Software”