Ktuner V1.2 not prompting to lock.

Campo

Ktuner V1.2 not prompting to lock.

Post by Campo »

I keep getting the same error pop up over and over. I bought brand new direct from a dealer, followed all directions on installation and registering but anytime i plug into the OBD I get the following message.

It appears this KtunerFlash Unit has not yet been locked to an ECU. Please connect to the vehicle before connecting to the software.

I've checked to see if it is locked to a VIN but none is registered, I have a solid Blue LED but am not being prompted to lock my device to the vehicle. I've reinstalled the software and drivers but no Luck.

Any help would be appreciated.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Ktuner V1.2 not prompting to lock.

Post by KTuner »

It sounds like you didn't plug it in fully to the OBD port, didn't key on, or don't have a supported vehicle for the device. The LED should blink if it's communicating with the ECU. That's before you connect to it with the laptop.
Campo

Post by Campo »

It is definately plugged in correctly, I am using a supported vehicle and have it keyed on..

I am going to try installing on a different computer to try and rule out a software issue, if it is device specific then I'll just return it to dealer🤷‍♂️
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The LED is blinking then? You didn't mention what vehicle.
Campo

Post by Campo »

Not blinking, 2017 Honda Civic
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That sure sounds like it's not plugged in fully with the key on, but you're welcome to reach out to support via email to get it checked out under warranty.
04 accord

Post by 04 accord »

I am having the same issue, did you come to any conclusions
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

For you, if you have an 04 Accord as your name suggests, you missed the statement on the application page for the vehicle that says KTunerFlash units are not compatible. You'll also notice that the V1.2 is not a listed option reiterating that point.

Return to “KTuner Software”