VSS options

shlammed

VSS options

Post by shlammed »

Is there an ability to tune the VSS for alternate input based on a sensor on a driveshaft... set the VSS to a certain speed or otherwise?

Im working on a RWD swap and would not be able to use a Honda input for vehicle speed.

Thanks!
Matt
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: VSS options

Post by KTuner »

You can probably use a signal converter for that if the signal won't function natively.
shlammed

Post by shlammed »

KTuner wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:55 am You can probably use a signal converter for that if the signal won't function natively.
I would have to put a trigger wheel on my diff input shaft. Is there an option to turn off VSS until I get that done?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There is no way to disable the VSS, but you may not see a code depending on the circumstances.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

shlammed wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:52 pm
KTuner wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:55 am You can probably use a signal converter for that if the signal won't function natively.
I would have to put a trigger wheel on my diff input shaft. Is there an option to turn off VSS until I get that done?
There is no way to turn the VSS off. But, in cases like mine where i dont need the VSS, you can activate the Adjustable 2-step. unlike KPro where they can turn it off, KTuner you cant, but the other option has worked for me. I race a K and have an accord trans in an SI case. There is no way to get the stock location to read.
I spent a few hours trying different things and this is the one thing that worked for me in my application. It will not show speed and I dont have the plug connected. but i do get my full range of RPM i want.

I would not recommend this for the street use

Return to “KTuner Software”