How to clear Lambda Overlay?

Audiophyle

How to clear Lambda Overlay?

Post by Audiophyle »

I datalog while driving for a little bit then review the lambda overlay table, make fuel adjustments as needed, and then upload the revised tune.

I have found no way to clear the datalog info (whether it was recorded or not) or reset the lambda overlay table to remove the previous values. Currently I have to close & then reopen KTuner & my tune to get an empty lambda table, which adds a lot of time if I do this several times. Is there a better way to do this? Or could it be added to the software? Or do I just have to drive for longer to ensure all old cells have been rewritten?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: How to clear Lambda Overlay?

Post by KTuner »

Edit>Clear as described in the help that covers the application menu bar, under edit.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

One more Lambda overlay question.
When I record a datalog with a power pull, the recorded Lambda overlay values are different than the AFR readings within the datalog recording. I can do a full ramp run & the lambda overlay shows 13.0 to 14.0 AFR in boost (telling me I should add lots of fuel), but when I play back the datalog I see my AFR never even went above 11.0 during the ramp run and that I actually need to pull fuel.

Is there a reason these are different?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

After clearing watch the playback trace if you'd like to see how samples are being applied.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

The playback trace is what I am talking about not matching the lambda overlay.
Lambda overlay values are reasonably close to the wideband trace values around partial throttle driving (+/- 1.0 AFR), but as I transition into boost the difference between the values gets greater.

My last run for example the Lambda overlay shows AFRs of 12.5 to 12.0 across boost table which is where I want to be, but watching the datalog trace its showing AFRs of 10.0 to 9.5 in the same cells for the same single power pull.
And if I change the fueling so the datalog trace is closer to the 12.5 mark, the lambda overlay starts showing me 13.8-14.5 AFRs for the same power pull, which is concerning.

Is there a reason for this difference? & which value should I be using for tuning?
The datalog traces seem to more closely reflect what I am seeing on the wideband gauge while driving (wideband gauge & wideband reading in KTuner match), but the lean AFRs showing in the lambda overlay have me concerned.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Samples are averaged. Clear and watch playback as noted.

Return to “KTuner Software”