KTuner in ECU communication failure

jib

KTuner in ECU communication failure

Post by jib »

Hi, I just bought a used KTuner ecu installed on PND-A65 ecu, and try to connect it with my integra dc5 year 2006 swapped with k24a3 engine. The problem is whenever i wanna connect throught software, the connection is failing and intermittent retry.
What is the possible issue here?
Is there any sequence on how I ; connect the KTUner to ecu , turn on the engine so that the ecu is powered up, open up the KTuner software. Because right now i just plug in the usb cable, open the software, and then when the software is loaded , turn on the engine (not start it, just to power the engine)

appreciate your help on this problem
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: KTuner in ECU communication failure

Post by KTuner »

If you key on you can see the status with the LEDs. If it's all green you should connect no problem.
jib

Post by jib »

thanks for the advise, now i can connect to the ecu.
However i am not sure which basemap should i use, as have tried a couple of basemaps but the engine is running really bad with black smoke, sputtering , and when i tried to press the throttle to 3-4k rpm the engine tends to stall and die
is this something expected, coz i thought the engine should running not so bad with the basemap, and tuning will just make it running better
BTW i tried to flash the ecu with k24a2 tsx basemap and k20a rsx type s basemap
can u recommend which basemap i should try
the car setup is rsx with k20a2 engine taken from jdm odyssey absolute.. i think the same engine with tsx

thanks in advance
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As you noted TSX is K24a2, not K20a2, so not the same.

For advice related to tuning specifically you should consult a tuner. Derek at Innovative Motorworks offers remote tuning services.

Return to “KTuner Software”