06 RSX Type S never going into open loop on WOT

KanjoRSX-S

06 RSX Type S never going into open loop on WOT

Post by KanjoRSX-S »

Alright so I have the KTuner R1 in Ecu PRB in my 06 RSX Type S with the I/H/E basemap tune currently loaded. I noticed while driving and datalogging that while under WOT, my car never goes into open loop except for on decel. Also it cold starts in closed loop. On decel, the car will enter OL Warmup for a split second and then enter OL until I give it gas again or shift into nuetral and then it goes right back into closed. I went into the closed loop settings and tried changing these settings to no avail...

(also FYI, on WOT my TPS reads 82)
-I lowered the WOT TPS Engagement value from 74 to 50 just to test, didn't make a difference
-I checked the "WOT based on MAP Only" box and lowered the MAP Engagement amount, still stuck in closed loop on WOT.
-I even reflashed to the factory tune and it still stays in closed loop.

The only way I can get the car into Open Loop on WOT is by completely disabling closed loop. Because this is my daily, I don't want to keep it like that. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? I can't imagine its supposed to be like this especially because it cold starts in closed loop, so what would be the point of even having "OL Warmup" if its never even used? Please help me out, I feel like I'm missing out on the HP gains that Ktuner provides because the car won't ever leave Closed Loop. Thanks in advance.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 06 RSX Type S never going into open loop on WOT

Post by KTuner »

We change nothing related to this. You have control of the settings that the ECU uses to transition to open loop. Regardless, the WOT enrichment will happen when you meet the thresholds so staying in closed loop isn't really a bad thing.
KanjoRSX-S

Post by KanjoRSX-S »

Oh okay... forgive me if I'm misunderstanding this then, I'm still learning, but I was under the impression that closed loop is when the ecu is making changes/corrections to AFR and Ignition to keep it at its ideal levels (14.7) and that Open Loop would be running strictly off of your fuel and ignition tables. So if the car isn't entering Open Loop on WOT, than what would be the point of tuning and adjusting my tables since the ecu is going to override those changes anyways?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Closed loop means it's correcting to reach the target. That target does not need to be 14.7.

Return to “KTuner Software”