How do I get a copy of my kdlg files (log files)? (SOLVED)

Teedohs

How do I get a copy of my kdlg files (log files)? (SOLVED)

Post by Teedohs »

How do I export my kdlg (data log) files? When I try to save a recording manually, it doesn't let me. I just get a message that says "There are no more files"

I can see that it automatically saves data log files, though. However, if I navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\KTuner", the kdlg files that are created automatically are not visible even with the option of showing hidden files enabled in Windows. But if I try to manually save a data log, I can see the other kdlg files there. How do I obtain a copy of the kdlg files?

I am using the KTuner Socketed ECU and I do have permission to that folder
Last edited by Teedohs on Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acuratech481

Re: How do I get a copy of my kdlg files (log files)?

Post by acuratech481 »

This is due to a permissions issue. Choosing a different save location will solve this problem.
Teedohs

Post by Teedohs »

Perfect! This was it! That's interesting because my account is an admin account for that folder. I even gave my user and the admin user Full Control of that folder and still nothing. I ended up creating two new folders: datalogs && tunes

I then pointed my KTuner software to save both datalogs and tunes to those folders, respectively. Worked like a charm!

Thanks!
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

You're welcome! I and many others have battled this issue when it comes to saving tunes because it defaults to that KTuner folder which you can't save to.

Glad I could help!

Return to “KTuner Software”