System AFR values when in high cam

husseinholland

System AFR values when in high cam

Post by husseinholland »

Finally got the setup dyno-tuned by Xenocron K24/K20Z3 head, TSX cams, 11.13:1 NR pistons, RSX oil pump & pan, 70mm TB, 2" header runners, 3" collector, 2.5" exhaust. 165tq/195WHP

Setup feels good in terms of torque - just lacking in top end pull with limited advance (I have the 50degree gear with 40dgree limiter pin)

He had to limit cam advance to 20degrees (and move the window up rpm range) - he said there is a discrepancy between the AFR's as displayed on my in dash AEM WBO2 controller & the values shown in K-tuner. Under WOT/ load in VTEC range I see AFR's in the low 12's on the controller - however the system is showing 14's? Both system WB02 and AEM (LSU 4.9) are new - less than 1K miles on either in use.

Someone suggested there may be an open loop parameter for high cam range - but would that stop the actual AFR from showing on the KTuner display?

Chris thought backpressure may be a issue with my setup, affecting the system O2 - I did try swapping a test pipe for my cat to see if it made a difference - I still see system AFR's in the 14's with 12's showing on the AEM WBO2.

Just trying to eliminate software controlling issues before I start on a parts-swapping regimen.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: System AFR values when in high cam

Post by KTuner »

It could be related to the pressure, but I don't have any suggestions.

We change nothing with O2 functionality and you can't within the software either. Open loop functionality has zero to do with actual O2 reading.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Thank you for the reply - I'll have to get a another new system O2 & see what happens.

I disconnected the exhaust yesterday & ran it open off the collector - ear splitting, but no change in system O2 values under WOT/VTEC load/rpm range, with my AEM controller showing 12's, which seems appropriate. So, it can't be a backpressure issue affecting the O2 values.

Is there a way to feed the signal from the AEM 30-4100 (LSU4.9 WBO2) to the ECU & have the system compare values?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

In preferences you can choose a wideband input for monitoring and overlay.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Nice!

Do you have any screenshots of that? Do I repurpose an stock input pin is there a specific one I should use?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

See preferences for wideband setup. It has a list of inputs you can use.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Thank you -

I found the selection - After I select the input channel (E14 in my case) I assume I just choose "Wideband" in the lower drop down menu since the AEM controller is not listed

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Hit the plus in the wideband section to add one and then the plus on the right to set the voltage scale.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Finally got around to adding the wire from the AEM WBO2 (0-5v signal) controller to the ECU.

I added the voltage scale, and named the input as discussed above. Now, in trying to add it as a digital gauge, the only option besides factory WBO2 is serial WBO2. Does this mean I should have connected the signal wire to the serial output on the controller? This aspect of the setup is unclear to me.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There is a gauge for ELD Input as well.

Return to “KTuner Software”