Request for new feature, or I'm blind...

acuratech481

Request for new feature, or I'm blind...

Post by acuratech481 »

Can we get or is there already a table/overlay that displays the amount of timing retard happening because of knock?

Say I do a pull and experience some knock, rather than sifting through the datalog and viewing the datalist/graph to find where the timing adjustments happen; a table to overlay the ignition table or even a separate table that you could switch between that shows how many degrees of timing were pulled and in what cells would awesome so then you can just make those adjustment easily in the cells that the knock occurred.

Better yet if you could copy those recorded knock events in the "knock retard correction table", copy the whole table and paste to the ignition table with a subtract function to make the adjustments for you would be even easier. HP Tuners has a feature like this that's very handy for making things quick.

Hopefully that makes sense!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Request for new feature, or I'm blind...

Post by KTuner »

If you're on an application that has the knock retard table exposed it's in the table list.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/igniti ... ontrol.htm
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

I have the knock retard table, but that table is populated with values to which it is my understanding are max degrees of ignition timing that the PCM can remove?

I'm looking for a table that shows the amount of timing retarded during a knock event and in which cell. If that makes more sense? Or does the knock retard table have an overlay for this? Similar to the fuel percentage overlay in the fuel enrichment table?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's no overlay. You need the data that was mentioned in the help you were linked to along with the map trace to check any specific areas, since knock control can change pretty rapidly.

What you're looking for wouldn't be terribly useful on these vehicles since knock control will never be zero.
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

I think it would be useful for people who are ambitious enough to dial in MBT themselves and disable knock control by setting the entire knock limit table to values of 60.

Different vehicle, different fuel, Honda's factory numbers may work, especially with the knock control doing it's magic but ignition values are chaotic at best to understand that way. One could benefit from finding MBT themselves.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

In that case there would be no knock retard applied.

A knock count value will not always affect knock control.

It wasn't added because it's not terribly useful, especially with ECUs varying between each other somewhat in the handling. Sorry.
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

Okay, now I understand, thanks! Keep up the good work, would love to see more support on the TL and MDX platforms. It's a shame no one has cracked the A/T control, adjusting shift points would be nice. I know there's been talk about here. Not enough interest?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem.

For many ECUs it's in a separate module or processor, which makes logistics quite tricky. :)
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

Is there any chance at all for real-time tuning to be added for MDX and TL platforms? This would make things SO much easier!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Unfortunately custom code for those platforms is not likely.

Return to “KTuner Software”