Ktuner latest update

nylumiro24

Ktuner latest update

Post by nylumiro24 »

Since I have the automatic update check enable, I just did an update of the software. It went thru its install wizard and driver's update. When I went to connect the ECU to update the map with the new software update, it went thru normally. Now, its failing to connect.

I did the reautentication thru the account button, updated the drivers with the wizard and manually. When it tries to connect, it acts like its a new ECU, prompting the "connect/reset ECU/Disconnect" box. Connecting doesn't work, period. The "Resetting ECU" goes thru the "erase" process, but once it promps the "key off and on, then press OK" box, it shows an error stating "erasing error". Then the green box on the lower left corner stays green showing "authenticating", and freezes.

The car (1991 honda CRX K Swapped) was perfectly fine, I was going to check for a code since my CEL randomly came up. So, when I opened Ktuner software it went thru the update, and all the stated issues started. I am tired, and gottawork tomorrow, Ill remove the ECU to completely reset it, like with the old Neptune RTP to see if that works.

But, has anyone else have this issue after the latest software update?

VR

Adilson
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Ktuner latest update

Post by KTuner »

The software update changed nothing in regards to In-ECU units.

Do you get power with key on only?
nylumiro24

Post by nylumiro24 »

I have not removed the ECU off its mount to open and check. But after the update, a solid CEL stays and the fuel pump does not sound. Sounding like it is not for some reason turning on the ECU now.

Nothing changed literally just connected the USB to it to check the CEL which was just "A rocker arm stock (VTEC Sol code). I just got home, so I will continue to troubleshoot.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Just connecting to the unit can't affect the tune that's on the ECU already. If the ECU isn't providing power to the unit then the ECU is the issue. The unit gets power from the ECU, not vice versa.
nylumiro24

Post by nylumiro24 »

KTuner wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:23 pm Just connecting to the unit can't affect the tune that's on the ECU already. If the ECU isn't providing power to the unit then the ECU is the issue. The unit gets power from the ECU, not vice versa.
Understood. Thank you for the reply.
I have removed the ECU's cover (I dont have the clear one) and observe the LEDs in action. LED 4 blinks green, LED1 is solid red. I tested the BT and it connects thru the TunerView app. The board is clearly getting power. So I have no clue whats going here.

I will remove and reinstall the software once more to see if it works that way. It just very weird that after everything was working perfectly fine, I open Ktuner on the laptop, it runs its automatic updates, and my car just crashes.
Hopefully, the ECU isn't the problem.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner doesn't have automatic updates. You have to download from the website and install the new versions yourself. That being said, as I mentioned, there have not been any updates to the InECU functionality.
nylumiro24

Post by nylumiro24 »

By automatic updates, I mant the automatic check for updates, and I of course updated the software manually given the fact that if there is an update, either a feature was added or a bug was fixed. Apologies for the confusion.

Update.

1. I completely removed the ECU off the car.

2. I uninstalled/reinstalled the software, connected the ECU to the laptop (software off) to check it drivers, and its recognized by the laptop, so check! After viewing the LEDs, it showed the same as in my last update, LED1 steady red and LED4 blinks steady green.

3. I opened the software and proceded to connect that way to reset the ECU, just to get the same error of "erase failed to complete".

4. Gave it another go in the car, cover off to see LEDs functionalities, and now it shows LED1 randomly blinking red, LED3 randomly blinking green and LED4 steady blinking green.

5. Again, I tried the TunerView app and it connects.
Cranked the car and it turns, but does not start because fuel pump isn't priming, I replaced my current main relay with my spare (new) to ensure thats not case, and problem persist.

I am not sure if all this troubleshooting is correct, but all showed results of perhaps a faulty board? Ill be waiting on your inputs while continue to chck for possible causes such as fuses etc.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Attempting to erase an ECU that was previously programmed and running doesn't really make sense, but might be why you're seeing the blinking red light and why you no longer get fuel pump prime.

There is no error "erase failed to complete" so if you could actually give what it says in the message that might be helpful.
nylumiro24

Post by nylumiro24 »

Here is what the "erased failed" still promps. Thats why I removed the ECU of its power to rest it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's no photo. If you could just relay the information asked for.

Return to “KTuner Software”