Connection Issues

TORRESA009

Connection Issues

Post by TORRESA009 »

Is it just me or is it normal for the ECU to not connect most of the times when i plug in my laptop?

whenever i connect my laptop to the ECU i commonly get the connection failed popup with the Retry Button to connect. it never really bothered me much as usually hitting retry once or twice would do the trick until this weekend when i went to the dyno in which the tuner has to flash the ECU multiple times it was extremely annoying to watch him struggling every time to get a successful connection on. i cant imagine how frustrated he probably was. at one point it took us about 10 mins of retrying to get it to connect we even unplugged the battery to see if it would help.

is this a common issue for others? any ideas if its software or hardware? or i got a lemon?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Connection Issues

Post by KTuner »

If you can connect at all then it'd be neither. You're likely not powering off after a flash properly. If you have access to see the LEDs that would be a good indicator. What do they do?

What revision of the board do you have?
TORRESA009

Post by TORRESA009 »

i cant see the LEDs since the ECU is covered up. is there a proper way to disconnect the ECU from the laptop after use?
its the first version of ktuner i bought from a user about a year ago.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, you can unplug at any time.

We're offering upgrades to the revision 1 board. If you're interested submit an email.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

TORRESA009 wrote:Is it just me or is it normal for the ECU to not connect most of the times when i plug in my laptop?

whenever i connect my laptop to the ECU i commonly get the connection failed popup with the Retry Button to connect. it never really bothered me much as usually hitting retry once or twice would do the trick until this weekend when i went to the dyno in which the tuner has to flash the ECU multiple times it was extremely annoying to watch him struggling every time to get a successful connection on. i cant imagine how frustrated he probably was. at one point it took us about 10 mins of retrying to get it to connect we even unplugged the battery to see if it would help.

is this a common issue for others? any ideas if its software or hardware? or i got a lemon?
is it cold outside right now where you live? :)
TORRESA009

Post by TORRESA009 »

We're offering upgrades to the revision 1 board. If you're interested submit an email.
will do!
is it cold outside right now where you live? :)
actually no. i live in souther california but i have heard about the weather being an issue.
the coldest ive started my car was around 28 degrees F and i didnt ahve any issues.
Natelee4

Post by Natelee4 »

I've noticed the same thing as well... But I seem to have figured it out... Maybe... Not sure if it will work for you. I've noticed a lot of times that the drivers don't communicate well with the ecu for some of reason. If you open up your connected devices tab on your laptop and plug in the KTuner usb, if everything works okay, you'll see it says KTuner is connected, if it doesn't work, mine usually says driver error. What I then do is, unplug the KTuner usb and open up the folder for the KTuner drivers and reinstall them. It may take a few times but after installing the drivers again, I plug the usb back in and it usually says KTuner connected, then I turn the key to the On position with engine off. Then I open the KTuner program and it usually connects. Hope that helps!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You should see if just unplugging and plugging it back in helps. Email support if it keeps up.
Smokey93

Post by Smokey93 »

:!: I plug in my k tuner and it won’t let me register my account and device won’t connect

Return to “KTuner Software”