Injector Dead time values

RABOOST

Injector Dead time values

Post by RABOOST »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the little green boxes indicates a "REAL TIME" adjustable parameter Yes or NO?

If the answer is YES, is there a way to make the fuel injector dead time values as a "LIVE" OR "REAL TIME" parameter as well because I only see a red box even on real time mode. It is just 1000x easier to dial in the dead time values in real time rather than uploading a new file every time I need to make a change. Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Injector Dead time values

Post by KTuner »

Dead times come from proper testing and should be outlined by the manufacturer of the injector. While you're welcome to adjust them as you see fit, they're not a real-time option for that reason.
RABOOST

Re: Injector Dead time values

Post by RABOOST »

I understand that the manufacturer gives a sheet of paper with tested injectors and dead time values, But this is what I have found out thru the years of following those sheets of papers... They are NOT always correct and on point, and I'am sure you will also agree that they are not always correct but more of like a base map or starting point for the actual dead time values because every single car has a different fuel pressure and voltage draw depending on the electrical load.

I just find it very very time consuming when its not real time adjustable like Hondata softwares, It usually takes me a good 10-15 minutes of real time adjustment in Hondata by turning off and on electrical loads like head light and ac to really dial it in.,,, Now imagine doing that without real time functions! That 10-15 min tuning becomes a 2-3 hour ordeal now and it sucks. I commend K tuner for making this software but I would like you guys to add this as a real time, I cant' imagine this to be a very hard update to do. Thanks

Return to “KTuner Software”