Can I use this KTuner? New to Ktuner

Andyde22

Can I use this KTuner? New to Ktuner

Post by Andyde22 »

Hey all, I own a 2012 Si.

Today at work a mechanic buddy gave me a KtunerV2 they had found in a used car, they found it in a 2018 Civic Si a year or so ago. They gave me all the cables and the tuner.

Admittedly I don't know much about Ktuner but have been hearing it can be locked or unlocked...So long story short can I use this Ktuner or is it locked to the previous vehicle and is unusable by me?

Thanks in advance.
Linszter

Re: Can I use this KTuner? New to Ktuner

Post by Linszter »

Andyde22 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:19 am Hey all, I own a 2012 Si.

Today at work a mechanic buddy gave me a KtunerV2 they had found in a used car, they found it in a 2018 Civic Si a year or so ago. They gave me all the cables and the tuner.

Admittedly I don't know much about Ktuner but have been hearing it can be locked or unlocked...So long story short can I use this Ktuner or is it locked to the previous vehicle and is unusable by me?

Thanks in advance.
Plug it in to a laptop and open KTuner software, and you can check if it's locked or not.
Andyde22

Post by Andyde22 »

Hey, thank you for the response!

I did download the software last night. So I can open that and link to the Tuner and check it?

I'm assuming if it's unlocked, we're good, otherwise it would need to be unlocked for a fee? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the advice:]
Andyde22

Post by Andyde22 »

So after connecting the Ktuner to my pc and opening it up after updating, in Ktuner Information it says "Locked VIN" and below it is a VIN that I know is definitely not the one of my 2012 Si. So does this mean it is locked to a different VIN and unusable? Thank you in advance.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

Andyde22 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:54 am So after connecting the Ktuner to my pc and opening it up after updating, in Ktuner Information it says "Locked VIN" and below it is a VIN that I know is definitely not the one of my 2012 Si. So does this mean it is locked to a different VIN and unusable? Thank you in advance.
Looks like yes. Contact KTuner via email.

Return to “KTuner Software”