VTEC engagement window

khurramishaque

Re: VTEC engagement window

Post by khurramishaque »

KTuner wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:08 pm I've update the advice on the help page to be clearer.
:D yes i just noticed. Thanks for the clarification. will surely help the kTuner users ;)

khurramishaque wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:47 am
KTuner wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:56 pm No, below 750 you'll use the upper engagement and above 750 you'll use the lower engagement. The point of this is to stay on the lower cam profile longer when just cruising to save on fuel economy.
in light of your quoted response, can you give an example by filling in the options in VTEC settings
Lower engage ?
Lower disengage ?
Upper engage ?
upper disengage ?

against below query.
RABOOST wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:52 pm OK so If I set the VTEC lower RPM at 2500 with an engagement window set at 750 Mbar, theoretically the VTEC (VTS light) should be OFF while cruising at 3500 RPM under 750 Mbar correct?
i just wanted to get more information into standard VTEC application, your explanation seemed a little different than standard operating instructions therefore asked the above question in this thread.
it would clear all sort of confusions if you may fill this in respect of standard VTEC understanding.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Remove the "No," and you have clear instructions for how it operates. We did not respond to his specific example of numbers, we were simply trying to clarify operational logic.
KTuner wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:56 pm below 750 you'll use the upper engagement and above 750 you'll use the lower engagement. The point of this is to stay on the lower cam profile longer when just cruising to save on fuel economy.
khurramishaque

Post by khurramishaque »

Correct me if I am wrong, in online help of VTEC engagement window, instruction were different before recent update.
Yesterday it stated;
"If these were set to 500 mBar then it would use low engagement below 500mBar and upper engagement above 500mBar"
Today after the update, it states:
"If these were set to 500 mBar then it would use the upper RPM engagement below 500mBar (Lower load) and lower RPM engagement above 500mBar (Higher Load)."

Doesn't it change the logic altogether, or am I missing something?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Answered previously stating the advice outlined here was correct and the help page was updated.
KTuner wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:08 pmThis advice is correct for standard VTEC applications. I've update the advice on the help page to be clearer.
Refer to datalogging to verify any logic differences on your application and good luck with the setup. Take care!
khurramishaque

Post by khurramishaque »

Thanks again :D
really appreciate your help ;)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem

Return to “KTuner Software”