How do I set Digital Gauge with Analog Input?

Teedohs

How do I set Digital Gauge with Analog Input?

Post by Teedohs »

Hello Members,

I'm using an AEM Oil Pressure Gauge. I also have it connected to the R1 PCB KTuner Board on Analog Input 1. In the software under preferences, I see my four analog options where I can add a value. However, if I hit + to add a value, I'm not sure what value to enter here. I took a stab at it and tried entering something from 0-5 in the value field but then the Digital Gauge I set for Analog Input 1 gets no reading. However, if I don't enter any value in the field, I do get a reading.

The issue is that it looks I am just getting a voltage reading from that signal rather than my oil pressure reading. See the image I have attached. Am I going about this wrong? Is the input only to read some voltage to indicate a functioning powered source rather than actually reading units of measurements, in this case PSI of Oil Pressure?

Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: How do I set Digital Gauge with Analog Input?

Post by KTuner »

The settings have a voltage and final value field which need to be complete. The value would then show up in logging under the data list. The same would go for the gauges.
Teedohs

Post by Teedohs »

Thanks for the response but can you provide an example? What should be the voltage and final value? When creating the gauge, what should I be selecting?

According to the AEM Gauge setting, it supplies up to 5v. That's as much info provided in their instructions.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You'd need to consult the device's manual to get the output breakpoints. Most can be programmed these days. You need at least two in order for the software to calculate the value.

Return to “General Hardware Questions”