Wiring boost control solenoid with factory ecu

MLSD

Wiring boost control solenoid with factory ecu

Post by MLSD »

Hey there, I was wondering if someone out there could shed some light on how they would tackle the installation of an aftermarket boost control solenoid on a car that is running a factory ecu. Some specs to help you out. I have a 2010 civic si with a Ktuner v2 touch, factory harness and still retain the k20z3 engine. I've recently built my engine and installed a turbo among other things. My dilemma is figuring out how to wire in my boost control solenoid and control it within one of the flash tunes. I'm not sure where to look or where to start. I've done a lot of searching on other forums to no avail. My understanding is that most of not all pins on the ecu are assigned to a sensor or other item needed for the engine to run correctly. How could I integrate the solenoid into an output that the ecu can control. It is only two wires but I'm still stumped how I could go about this. Another option (albeit pricey) would be the innovative wastegate/afr controller. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Sorry for the long post
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Wiring boost control solenoid with factory ecu

Post by KTuner »

PWM boost control is not a feature that's been released for 06-11 Si.
MLSD

Post by MLSD »

@KTuner, is there any chance it may be offered in the future or is it even possible on this application?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

This particular ECU isn't at the forefront of our to do list since it's very old, but we may at some point in the future.

Return to “General Hardware Questions”