Issue with my v2 freaking out the ECU

extermin8r

Issue with my v2 freaking out the ECU

Post by extermin8r »

I have not used my Ktuner v2 for a few weeks now. Before, it would freak out the ECU, like it does during flashing. Hill start, brake, transmission etc all the warning keep popping up.
Also the v2 has trouble getting the information from the ECU, occasionally telling me ECU is in recovery mode - recover now.
What can cause this?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Issue with my v2 freaking out the ECU

Post by KTuner »

A broken port or cable. Feel free to contact support through email if you'd like to have the port checked out.
Dudewiththegreensi

Post by Dudewiththegreensi »

Hello, so I recently flashed my car today (2017 Civic Si) with the tsp stage 1 with race maf. I’m experiencing the same issues, and I have been for awhile with my ktuner unit. My ktuner unit port for the OBd2 doesn’t feel like a good connection and the slightest movement of the cable while I’m driving down the road makes the unit turn off and (sometimes) reset back to on. But with that being said I’m getting all those “flashing lights” now too. And it only happened when the ktuner reset after the cable moved just a tiny bit.

I recently purchased a new OBd2 cable and that did not fix the issue obviously because I’m still having the same issue as before. It has to be the port on my actual ktuner v2 unit.

Please help.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Stop plugging it in so you don't cause further damage and contact support via email.

Return to “General Hardware Questions”