Power Cycling = Limp Mode?

ivtec4life

Power Cycling = Limp Mode?

Post by ivtec4life »

06 RSX Type S, End User Ecu, #2 Reflash

Last night after work, I got into the car started it up and immediately shut it off because there was something in my glove box that I had locked in there with the key. So I shut it off, unlocked and then restarted the car. The entire drive home I was limited to 3500rpm and a very long drive at 65mph. The engine was cutting out above 3500.....
I noticed today, when I fired it up there were no codes, and it ran fine. I was able to rev past 4000rpm with no issues.
One thing I did notice, sitting there in the driveway, was that when I was connecting to the ecu, I was having trouble connecting because I was not waiting for the ecu to FULLY "click off" and then retry. Once I figured this out, it connected and displayed all the data....

Could this have been what triggered my limp mode last night? That quick cycling?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Power Cycling = Limp Mode?

Post by KTuner »

Not likely. If you removed the keys and unlocked the glove box, that's not a quick cycling.
ivtec4life

Post by ivtec4life »

Even if the motor was running, I shut it down, unlocked the box and restarted?
Any other ideas or causes for this?
Ambient temp last night was 82 with decent humidity.....
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The scenario is still the same. It wasn't quick. You could have cycled again to reset the ECU, though, so try that next time.

Return to “KTuner Reflash”