MY KTUNER SOFTWARE BRICKED MY CAR

Questions about software installation and registration

MY KTUNER SOFTWARE BRICKED MY CAR

Postby HondaHolly » Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 am

Hi,

I have a 2011 Honda CRZ, supercharged. Tried uploading a tune, and it ran like crap. This is the second or third tune we've tried. Wanted to return the ECU to stock and we're getting this message and cannot get it to go away despite restarts and uninstall/reinstall:
"This Unit Is Already Locked To The Maximum Amount Of ECUs Allowed"

What the?! No it is not! I cannot do anything with my car! This is the worst thing to happen (this car is blocking in my other car), and whatsmore there is NOTHING out there on the internet mentioning this.

How do I get this to go away?!!! Car is a useless brick at the moment! I just want it back to stock! :(
HondaHolly

Re: MY KTUNER SOFTWARE BRICKED MY CAR

Postby Linszter » Thu May 17, 2018 7:59 am

HondaHolly wrote:Hi,

I have a 2011 Honda CRZ, supercharged. Tried uploading a tune, and it ran like crap. This is the second or third tune we've tried. Wanted to return the ECU to stock and we're getting this message and cannot get it to go away despite restarts and uninstall/reinstall:
"This Unit Is Already Locked To The Maximum Amount Of ECUs Allowed"

What the?! No it is not! I cannot do anything with my car! This is the worst thing to happen (this car is blocking in my other car), and whatsmore there is NOTHING out there on the internet mentioning this.

How do I get this to go away?!!! Car is a useless brick at the moment! I just want it back to stock! :(

KTuner does not offer supercharged tune for 2011 CRZ, only for 2013-2015. What tune did you uploaded?
Linszter

Re: MY KTUNER SOFTWARE BRICKED MY CAR

Postby KTuner » Thu May 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Info for your email address shows you unlocked the unit from the vehicle yesterday, which means you flashed back to factory already and were successful doing so. The unit is unlocked in the system. What does it say under Tools>KTuner Unit Info? Why are you saying it bricked your car when that's clearly not the case?
KTuner
Site Admin

Return to KTuner Software Installation