Ask your KTuner Reflash questions

Turbogixxer

Ask your KTuner Reflash questions

Post by Turbogixxer »

I would like this to be a FAQ.

What questions do you have about the reflash?
http://www.TurbogixxerTuning.com
DIRECT NepTune, Hondata, Haltech, KTuner, and Fuel Injector Clinic dealer.
Turbogixxer Tuning facebookTurbogixxerTuning on Instagram
bobearchicali

Re: Ask your KTuner Reflash questions

Post by bobearchicali »

I was wondering if the Reflash#3 I/H/E/RBC will work ok if instead of having the RBC I have a RRC with the throttle ported to 70mm to fit on my Hybrid Racing 70mm TB?
2006 Acura Rsx Type-S [Ktuner Reflashed ECU][HR Shifter Cables][HR Short Shifter][AEM V2][OBX RH V2][SR-S Cat Back][Buddy Club RSD][Wavetrac LSD][Clutch Masters FX400][Clutch Masters Flywheel][Brembo Type R Calipers][Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator]
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I'd suggest having proper dyno tuning with any setups that are custom.
GST2RSX-S

Post by GST2RSX-S »

The RRC is hardly any different than the RBC, aka RRB. PRB/PRC same difference as RRB/RRC. Tests have been done about 10 years ago showing that 1-2mm difference in otherwise identical manifolds on the K-Series is only 1-2hp. Throttlebody changes also showed the same amount. As you'd expect, true tests have shown as many as 3hp total with both, but it's mostly just 2hp from my experience. Sure, there are biased tested done by those that have an interest in making money on the sales of these particular products that will tell you that it's much more than that.

If it's in within a 3hp difference, I would say, go for it. Pretty much the same thing. Or, you can believe the sellers of these products, and believe otherwise so that you spend even more money.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what you believe, and what you do.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

GST2RSX-S wrote:The RRC is hardly any different than the RBC, aka RRB. PRB/PRC same difference as RRB/RRC. Tests have been done about 10 years ago showing that 1-2mm difference in otherwise identical manifolds on the K-Series is only 1-2hp. Throttlebody changes also showed the same amount. As you'd expect, true tests have shown as many as 3hp total with both, but it's mostly just 2hp from my experience. Sure, there are biased tested done by those that have an interest in making money on the sales of these particular products that will tell you that it's much more than that.

If it's in within a 3hp difference, I would say, go for it. Pretty much the same thing. Or, you can believe the sellers of these products, and believe otherwise so that you spend even more money.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what you believe, and what you do.
This is what I always thinking, but never had a car to test both back to back.

I love to read your experience test you shared. What is the name of your business?
Ktuner Authorized Tuner
Precisionautocanada.com
GST2RSX-S

Post by GST2RSX-S »

Countless tests have been made, excluding the biased test done by the seller of them, on a dynojet there has been a loss of 2hp to a gain of 3hp with a margin of error of + or - 2hp. When done on more accurate reading dynos, like a mustang or a dynapack, there has been a loss of 0hp to a gain of 2hp with a maring of error of + or - 1/2hp.

So, best case, 1 1/2hp... but call it 1-2hp. With a larger throttlebody and port matching everything, it's a solid 3hp. If you need 3hp, that's where you'll find it... but it might be $100-$200 per hp, which some people are willing to spend.

I do freelance work, it's just me.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That's really good info to have.
cdizon2

Post by cdizon2 »

I have 05-06 rsx type s and want to purchase reflash 3 I/H/E/RBC. There are no dealers in my state. I plan on getting a compatible ecu for emission purposes. If I order the reflash 3 from a dealer will they tune it to what i currently have on the car and ship the ecu to me? Once i receive the new ecu do i just take the old ecu out and put the new ecu in? Do i have to take the new ecu to acura to get the ecu matched to my car?

Engine mods:
SRI injen mega ram
Apexi N1 exhaust
DC shorty header
RBC stock TB adapter (waiting to get installed with new ecu)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can send your ECU in or get a new ECU.

Getting a different ECU will need to have the immobilizer disabled (The green light on the dash will be flashing) or be taken in to Honda/Acura to have it paired.

Discuss tuning options will the dealer you choose.
JLR

Post by JLR »

:ugeek:
Last edited by JLR on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “KTuner Reflash”