Weird VSS Datalog reading

RABOOST

Weird VSS Datalog reading

Post by RABOOST »

Successfully fired up my K24A4 swap using the factory 03 Accord engine harness with properly connected E harness and modified KTUNER 05 ECU. Dataloged the car on idle for about 7 seconds, RPM, MAP, IAT, ECT, and everything else showed proper readings, I just noticed that when I revved up the engine the VSS readings on my lap top also went up as the engine rev even thou the car NEVER moved and was on a stand still. Is there a setting that I need to change to correct this on the software? I'm also using the same transmission that came with the engine 03 Accord 5 speed transmission. Is this caused by using a kTUNER PRB CODE BASE for Boost? Should I use the 03-05 Accord base code to prevent this? Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Weird VSS Datalog reading

Post by KTuner »

The only way you'd see VSS move is if something is wired to the VSS input pin on the ECU and the ECU is seeing a signal there. It's not a setting or software related.

If it's a swap vehicle the RSX codebase is fine.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

OK I will double check my wiring and make sure that nothing weird is wired up to that VSS pin and will report back on what I found out, thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

Found out why I saw VSS reading, car was started with no axles. The gears were still turning on stand still thus sensing VSS signal! LOL :D
My new issue now is the VSS signal is not working on my 95 OBD1 Car so I probably need a signal modifier to my gauge.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The VSSOUT pin on the ECU should be ran to your gauge cluster if you're using a newer transmission like the one the swap came with.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

Yes it is hard wired directly to the gauge cluster VSS signal wire, I just noticed the K tuner software has a transmission selection box for the transmission so I will click that box and see if it read speed because its currently unchecked, thanks.

Return to “Accord / CL7 Euro-R Platform”