Difference in maps?

grandmasterflash

Difference in maps?

Post by grandmasterflash »

Hello,
Looking at the RPM grid in KTuner I don't see a difference between Factory and Stage 1.
I do see differences on Stage 2.
I tried to attach pics but the forum says board attachment quota reached.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Difference in maps?

Post by KTuner »

The RPM grid won't be any different. There's no reason to change the RPM scale. Some of the actual data in the tables will, though. Perhaps look at more than one table from the list. Also keep in mind that the factory option is factory with limits removed, as stated in the description, so it's already changed behind the scenes.
grandmasterflash

Post by grandmasterflash »

I'm referring to the data in the tables. Factory and Stage 1 are exactly the same. Please check. Thanks

edit to say I'll email pics of the tables, thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:42 pmPerhaps look at more than one table from the list. Also keep in mind that the factory option is factory with limits removed, as stated in the description, so it's already changed behind the scenes.
This covered the answer to your question already.

Lastly feel free to flash stage 1 and drive on it. Return to factory as if you're going to unlock, not by choosing factory from the list, and drive on that. They're not the same. If you want to learn about tuning there are plenty of resources online like HPAcademy and EFI101.

Return to “RDX Platform”