KTunerFlash V1.2 Solid Blue/Green - Can't lock to ECU

konman795

KTunerFlash V1.2 Solid Blue/Green - Can't lock to ECU

Post by konman795 »

Hello, when inside the KTuner software and plugging in the KTunerFlash into the port and then PC, the dialogue box keeps popping up asking if I'd like to lock the ECU to this unit. After I click confirm, it keeps looping. Not sure if the solid blue/green led indicator on the KTunerFlash means it doesn't support my ECU. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: KTunerFlash V1.2 Solid Blue/Green - Can't lock to ECU

Post by KTuner »

If it's looping asking to lock to the ECU that sounds like you're not getting through to the server via the internet. Get in a better position for internet service.
konman795

Post by konman795 »

I did confirm I have strong internet access and am able to access all my sites in the web browser while in the vehicle.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Latency will play a role in it, so being able to visit websites means absolutely nothing. If it's presenting you with the option over and over you are not able to connect to the server and get the data through within the allotted expiration time. The fact that it's presenting you with an option to lock means the unit is fully functional. When connected to the vehicle with key on the unit should be blinking blue if it's not yet locked, per the help.
konman795

Post by konman795 »

Do you happen to know what the maximum allowed latency is? I ran a ping test to google.com in the cmd prompt and got back 70ms average. I'm also pulling down ~70mbps and ~10mbps up. The KTunerFlash unit is showing a solid blue/green led color with key on, which the docs say it's `Idle - No ECU Communication Detected (Unit Unlocked)` but I'm not sure what that means exactly :|
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It should be flashing with key fully on, as mentioned, so ensure it's fully plugged in. I see the last time you attempted was yesterday evening more than 12 hours ago, so you're not getting through if you're currently trying or have since. Work on your end of it and give it another try until you get through.
konman795

Post by konman795 »

I made it all the way to the new tune screen! But unfortunately all I see is the factory base calibration available. Does this mean my ECU isn't supported :(

I tried to attach screenshots but it doesn't seem like I'm allowed.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You didn't read the note at the bottom when you choose new tune or check out the tutorial video for the software that's in the help. Either one of those things would have propelled you forward, as it's a very simple process from start to finish!

Return to “Integra Platform”