Rev limiter does not changed when commanded

cb169

Rev limiter does not changed when commanded

Post by cb169 »

Hi, just installed a ktuner on a 2012 3.5 auto TL and we can not move up the rev limiter as that was the sole purpose of installing the ktuner, is there a revised version?
We do lots of Ktuners here at Asian Imports Auto and service alot of J series ets btw
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Rev limiter does not changed when commanded

Post by KTuner »

If you're saying that the shift points don't change, that's correct. That's not a rev limiter and we don't change anything with the automatic transmission control.
cb169

Post by cb169 »

KTuner wrote:If you're saying that the shift points don't change, that's correct. That's not a rev limiter and we don't change anything with the automatic transmission control.
sorry what I was saying in manual mode it still does not rev were we ask it to, it still revs at the stock revlimiter
cb169

Post by cb169 »

We would like the car to rev to atleast 7300rpms in manual mode, I understand that it will shift at the normal shift point in drive
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

All limiters are changed when you change them, so it doesn't sound like you're hitting one. Changing the rev limiter does not alter how high the AT will allow it to run in any mode. Again, we don't change AT functionality.
cb169

Post by cb169 »

KTuner wrote:All limiters are changed when you change them, so it doesn't sound like you're hitting one. Changing the rev limiter does not alter how high the AT will allow it to run in any mode. Again, we don't change AT functionality.
when we command it to rev to 7300rpm's it only revs to the stock rev limiter 6900rpm's ish (WILL NOT REV PASS 6900RPM) how can we rev this car to 7300rpm
cb169

Post by cb169 »

just incase when I say command I'm meaning when we SET the rev limiter on our lap top to rev higher. Example.... set rev limit to 7300rpm's and it WILL hit the rev limiter at 6900rpm's in manual mode.
I understand the transmission computer will shift at what ever its set to when in drive and that is not changeable
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I checked for your ECU and all limiters are adjusted with that software change, so I'm unsure how that's possible. There is nothing else we can change for you.
cb169

Post by cb169 »

KTuner wrote:I checked for your ECU and all limiters are adjusted with that software change, so I'm unsure how that's possible. There is nothing else we can change for you.
If Im not mistaking isnt Sean at P2R having the same issue?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Not that I'm aware of.

Return to “09-14 TL Specific”