Can't load a tune file

Questions about software installation and registration
bletchlypark

Can't load a tune file

Post by bletchlypark »

I can't bring up any tune files on my computer.

I locked my unit to my ECM but when I go to download a new tune I select my ECM and tune and nothing happens.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Can't load a tune file

Post by KTuner »

If you mean create a new tune, it's as shown in the tutorial videos and as described at the bottom when you open the window. Click the drop list on your vehicle, choose the ECU, hit next, choose the tune, hit next.

If you aren't able to follow those directions, include some details and send them to the support email.
bletchlypark

Post by bletchlypark »

Yes I followed the directions completely. When I go thru the process of opening a new tune, select my ecm, then select my tune, then click next.... and nothing happens.

I have tired both the factory tune and the Tune 1.

Could you provide a number or email address to contact?
Divergent Concepts

Post by Divergent Concepts »

bletchlypark wrote:Yes I followed the directions completely. When I go thru the process of opening a new tune, select my ecm, then select my tune, then click next.... and nothing happens.

What unit do you have? Does it Stay On the Map Screen or does it just go away and not do anything?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

bletchlypark wrote:Yes I followed the directions completely. When I go thru the process of opening a new tune, select my ecm, then select my tune, then click next.... and nothing happens.

If you chose Factory Tune or Tune 1 and hit next it would then open the tune and you'll find "- New File" in the window header.
bletchlypark

Post by bletchlypark »

KTuner wrote:

If you chose Factory Tune or Tune 1 and hit next it would then open the tune and you'll find "- New File" in the window header.
Yes but that did not happen. I have the V2
bletchlypark

Post by bletchlypark »

Divergent Concepts wrote:

What unit do you have? Does it Stay On the Map Screen or does it just go away and not do anything?

It's the V2 but the probable doesn't seem to be with the unit but the software on my computer which needs to download the basemaps, but I cannot download any base maps.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Factory and Tune 1 are what's available for the vehicle, meaning they show just fine because you said they were in the list. If you don't see New File at the top of the window then make sure your language and region are set to English or something unicode compatible.
bletchlypark

Post by bletchlypark »

How do a check the language and region.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Google Language and Region settings.

Return to “KTuner Software Installation”