Extremely high knock count and other issues

aggressions

Extremely high knock count and other issues

Post by aggressions »

1. Power loss, when starting from first gear and going up hill or merging into freeway at 3000 rpms the car jolts back like it’s losing power. (maybe not enough air getting to engine).
2. Certain times when put in reverse car loses power and you have to turn it off and on again. It stutters and just shuts off when pressing the gas pedal ( reversing uphill)
3. High knock count highest was at 11 count ( did change from shell 91 to 76 91.
1. What does aggressive+ramp mean.

When flash to stock jolt and stutter and knock count when away. Flash another tune different options which is currently what I have and has cause the Stallin issue when in reversed. Haven’t reverse to stock yet so I don’t know if car losing power and shutting off while reversing uphill/normal and pushing gas will be fix.
Attachments
20191108_130150.jpg
Picture of high knock count.
(1.72 MiB) Not downloaded yet
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Extremely high knock count and other issues

Post by KTuner »

We don't flash the transmission controller, so if you're stalling the transmission could be the entire cause of everything you've mentioned.
aggressions

Post by aggressions »

KTuner wrote:We don't flash the transmission controller, so if you're stalling the transmission could be the entire cause of everything you've mentioned.
its not stalling when going from 1000-300+ rpm from start just jolts back. i spend all day yesterday and wasted full tank of gas testing and seeing if its the Flashing. I'm no expert but my option to return to stock always fixed all issues. I will do more research on this whole tuning thing which i'm fairly new too, just so i can avoid mistakes. Thanks for making a great product.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Understood., but I do think there's an underlying issue with the trans if you're having any trouble with it regardless of flash. It may be seen earlier with the extra demand a tune puts out.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”